The use of magnesium alloy wheels on the vehicle can achieve the goal of light weight, and the weight is reduced by about 30% compared with the aluminum alloy wheel. In addition, there are other advantages:
1. High damping characteristics: The magnesium alloy material has a high damping coefficient, which is 15 times that of aluminum alloy and 60 times that of steel. The larger the damping coefficient, the faster the amplitude attenuation and the better the vibration damping performance. The use of magnesium alloy wheels reduces the vibration of the car's engine, suspension bracket and gearbox, increasing its service life, while also improving the stability, safety and comfort of the car. According to reports, a magnesium alloy automobile wheel hub developed by the United States can still drive at a speed of no more than 48km/h after the tire is punctured, and the car is not damaged, thereby preventing personal accidents. For people riding motorcycles or driving, lower vibration means greater value.
2. High thermal conductivity: For automobiles, magnesium alloy wheels have high thermal conductivity (slightly worse than aluminum alloy wheels), which can reduce the temperature of the brake system and prolong the service life of the wheel hub.
3. improve car performance: lighter magnesium alloy wheels help improve the car's acceleration and braking performance.
4. Improve fuel efficiency and reduce pollution: the use of magnesium alloy wheels can reduce the weight of 1.5-2.5% of the car, improve fuel efficiency and reduce pollution.
5. High rigidity: Compared with aluminum alloy wheels, the rigidity is greatly improved, because the magnesium alloy wheels have little effect on the weight despite the increase in wall thickness. Therefore, the shape of the hub can be maintained when impacted by an obstacle, thereby increasing the life of the tire.